- I wrote about a mobile home¬†fire yesterday. While monitoring the scanner during that situation I heard calls for three things that make¬†Onslow County what it is:
1) A woman called¬†911 to say¬†she found¬†an extension cord¬†plugged into¬†her house and followed it¬†to a neighbor’s house and apparently¬†her neighbor’s power had been shut off and they were using her electricity.
2) A store clerk called 911 to say some guy got mad at him¬†and in revenge went outside the store and took a whiz on the building.¬†
3) A man who had bought a dog showed up at the¬†house where he made the purchase, and¬†with¬†the dead dog¬†in his arms,¬†demanded a¬†refund.
Got to love Onslow!
- I have been talking to both the local and state medical examiners offices and will have something on the Lauterbach autopsy questions with which y’all have inundated me.
- I bumped into Judge Henry last night¬†at the courthouse¬†and he said he was redacting all the private,¬†identifiable information in the Laurean search warrants. He said¬†it was taking time, but he thinks privacy is¬†an important issue and worth his extra¬†trouble.
- A load¬†of lawyers left out of Onslow County this morning on a bus¬†chartered by attorney Deke¬†Owens.¬†They were¬†headed for the Judiciary Standards Commission hearing for Judge Thagard this morning. I was going to get a picture, but I have been having technical problems with my Nikon.